I seek You early this morning.
My soul longs for You,
and my heart thirsts for You.
In the quiet morning hours,
I lift my thoughts to You.
You alone are my help,
my strength,
and my comfort.
Be merciful to me,
and bless me throughout this day.
Help me in every duty that lies before me.
Keep me from carelessness.
Guard me from every sin,
and from everything that would separate me from You.
Let me remember Your goodness
and the many blessings You have given me.
Keep my heart faithful,
my words truthful,
and my actions pleasing in Your sight.
Grant that I may live this day
in peace with You,
in peace within myself,
and in charity toward all whom I meet.
May every thought,
every word,
and every deed
bring honor to Your holy Name.
Amen.
Source: The Little Handwritten Prayer Book, 1816 - pp. 1-10

No comments:
Post a Comment