Thursday, July 9, 2026

Prayer for God's Blessing in Time of Trouble


 
Dear God, my loving Father,

Please do not leave me alone in this time of trouble. You know my sorrow, and You know my heart.

Help me carry this cross with patience, humility, and trust.

Teach me to be patient like holy Job, faithful in prayer like Tobias, wise like Solomon, and truly sorry for my sins like David.

Bless the beginning of my life, every step along the way, and my final hour.

Keep me close to You all the days of my life.

And when my work on earth is finished, bring me safely to the joy of Heaven.

Amen.


Source: Adapted from a handwritten German Catholic prayer book (c. 1814–1816), pages 7–10, translated and lovingly rendered into modern English..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Offering to Our Blessed Mother

  O my Lady, O my Mother, I give myself completely to you today. Everything I have, and everything I am, I place into your loving hands. I o...