Monday, July 20, 2026

Evening Prayer



Dear Heavenly Father,

I thank You from the bottom of my heart for bringing me safely through this day.

Please forgive me for every sin I have committed today through weakness, carelessness, or by my own fault.

Grant me a peaceful night’s rest. Send Your holy angels to stand watch around me, so that the evil enemy may have no power over me.

Keep me safe from every danger, from every temptation, from frightening dreams, and from every evil of body and soul.

Let me rest in Your holy peace. May my sleep refresh both my body and my soul.

If it is Your holy will, wake me again tomorrow morning so that I may praise You with a grateful heart.

For You alone are my God, my loving Father, my Savior, and my greatest treasure.

Into Your holy hands I commend my body, my soul, and my whole life.

May I always belong completely to You.

Amen.

Source: The Little Handwritten Prayer Book, 1816 - pp. 1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Offering to Our Blessed Mother

  O my Lady, O my Mother, I give myself completely to you today. Everything I have, and everything I am, I place into your loving hands. I o...