I beseech You, through the deep and holy love of Your faithful Heart, through Your sacred wounds, and through all that You suffered for my salvation, draw me ever more closely to Yourself.
Do not allow anything in this world to separate me from Your divine love. Let my heart remain faithful to You in all things, and teach me to love You above every earthly treasure.
When I am weak, be my strength. When I am tempted, be my safeguard. When I am burdened with sorrow, be my comfort and my peace.
Grant that I may never forget Your goodness or become cold in Your service, but that I may persevere faithfully until the end of my life.
And when my last hour comes, receive my soul with mercy into Your everlasting kingdom, where I may praise and love You forever in the company of the Blessed Virgin Mary, all the angels, and all the saints.
For You alone are my hope, my refuge, my consolation, my joy, and my eternal happiness.
Amen.
The Little Handwritten Prayer Book, 1816

No comments:
Post a Comment